Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"What is Love" (1993)

Well I initially wanted to write about a wise lesson someone very dear taught me the other day... I learnt what "Love" really is without even a single explanaton... I have the answer ppl... But I'll leave it for a different post coz I wanted to start this post off with the question "what is love?"... That's when my thoughts shifted to a distance early teenage memory of the song "what is love?"... Come on you all remember it, don't you?? I was only 13 when it was released... But wow how my long term memory rocks compared to my daily portrayal of a goldfishes short term memory !! The first thing that came to mind was Dec 31st 1993 New Years Eve Gottingen, Germany.. P.S. if you ever go check out Cafe Cron & Lanz... it's devine.. and they have the best Hot Chocolate I have ever tasted in my life... and that's not just 13 year old talk ;P
Anywaaaaayssss
Back to the song... I had to listen to it instantly... of course I couldn't remember the artist so thank god for Google and sing365... after figuring out it was by Haddaway.. I started thinking of all the music I was listening to that year.. it's amazing how I remember so many... and even though it's been 13 years I still know all the words to most of them...

so here are a few others I pulled out that I used to sing along to in the heyday !!

enjoy :)

SONGS OF 1993 !!!

What is Love - Haddaway
Boom! Shake The Room - Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince
Whoomp! There it is - Tag Team
Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.
Can't Get Enough of Your Love - Taylor Dayne
Rhythm Is A Dancer - Snap!
Cryin' - Aerosmith
I Got A Man - Postive K
Can't Help Falling in Love - UB40
Bed of Roses - Bon Jovi
Insane In The Brain - Cypress Hill
Connected - Stereo MCs
Sweat - Inner Circle
Bad Boys - Inner Circle
Another Sad Love Song - Toni Braxton
Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
All That She Wants - Ace of Base
Come Baby Come - K7
Ain't Nothing But a G thang - Dr Dre

you know what the list is never ending I can go on forever ;P


Rememeber any good ones ??

P.S.
Fairy DiiGMaa'ther is still taking wish orders for anyone that wants one granted :D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you related to Dr. Ahmed Al-Kha6eeb? You and him go off on tangents, but at least you get back to the point! :oP

Great songs and they grong back great memories!

DiiGMaa said...

hehheheh nope no relation what so ever ;P

yeah I get worked up at times and tend to drift off into different topics and sometimes I never finish up what I have to say.. don't bother expecting me to if I just stop ;P I'm the one that usually expects ppl to just figure it out or read my thoughts...
I just have a very very very active brain.. think of a zillion things at once...
emmmm where were we ;P ;P ;P

Anonymous said...

what is love? :P

Anonymous said...

hmmmm interesting!! Stallion asks, "So tell me about your parents?" in a Sigmunf Freud (sp?) like accent! :oP

DiiGMaa said...

Purg:

Looooooool !!!

DiiGMaa said...

stallion:

hmmm if there's anything you need to know about me it's that I am the one usually doing all the psychoanalysis ;P
As for Freud.. check out my Jan 30th Post and you'll know what you need to know :P

Anonymous said...

Umbaaaaaaaay shakhbary! Thikrayat!!

Bad Boys - Inner Circle !!!!

I'm actually guilty of having some of those on my ipod already.

Lemme see what I can add hmmmmm

Losing My Religion
Shiny Happy People
By REM
:>
Oh oh oh oh!
and...
Informer By Snow
looooool reminds me of the skating rink!

As for Fairy Digmaather oh plz plz plz make my wish come true. I want all my days to be like today or better! I'm so happy! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Blast from the past!

It's strange you mentioned Ace of Base, it's so weird, all this week, everytime I turn on the Radio, "All that's she want" is on. WOW, brings back so many memories.

DiiGMaa said...

DR,

Darling ur songs are pure flash backs heheh
Informer By Snow !!
and I wished sooooooooo much for you :)

Shopa:
Welcome to my blog.. heheh madre if I've said that to u b4 :P
but I hardly listen to the radio.. I should more often.. hmmm I have ESP, 6th sense I'm Fairy DiiGMaa'ther :P I know these things :P
and yes it does bring back so many memories :)