Saturday, July 15, 2006

DiiGMaa's Big Bro Reporting Live from Lebanon

My poor dear mother has been really worried about my big bro that's in Lebanon on a business trip.. she didn't sleep a wink the past 2 nights and is still glued to the TV and abusing her mobile trying to reach him at all times.. sometimes she has luck and sometimes she just sits back and prays for his safety...

I remembered my college years and 9/11

and when the war started 2003... I was on spring break in LA & Vegas.. My Big Bro was the one that always got a hold of me and made sure to keep me posted.. eased my worried self with his random jokes, sarcasm and caring tone..

Lately I could only trade places and try to be the one to comfort coz I have never received such serious msgs from my Bro, like the ones I received yesterday.. I'm used to up lifting and cheerful msgs that are full of personal jokes and a joyful tone.. these were simply informative.. almost journalistic.

These are a few examples of the sms's he sent me during the day..

Date: 14-Jul-06

Big Bro:

05:39
We are ok. We are sooooooo far away from the bombing. Tell Mum. We are watching TV just like you.

21:12
The convoy started moving heading to Zahla on farraya road. The bombing raid has started hizbala has started hitting the Israeli ships in front of Beirut.

22:01
We just reached the altitude of 1239m we are crossing the clouds now, the other road we avoided “Bekfayyah” has loads of traffic and bombings around it. We are getting safer now that we took this road. We still have 1 hour to reach our destination.

22:21
We have just reached 1706m isolated mountains near Tartish the Village lights are far away, a few cars around us driving crazy!! We saw some jets earlier but flying too high.

22:27
We have just reached “Abiqaa3” our destination is 5 minutes away.

23:51
We’re in bardoon Restaurant in Zahla near waterfall amazing weather we are crossing over to Syria at day light.. its safer and only 15 minutes.


Date: 15-Jul-2006

10:14
Justgot this sms from *friends name*,
"But *Brothers name*, they are bombarding homs road. They Just hit the entrance of my village ras baalbeck and the village after al kaa that leads to homs. Don't take this road. Are you taking al manaa?"
Me(Big Bro): yes we are about to.

I'm starting to worry ppl.. I feel like he's keeping me posted just in case.. I don't like these msgs.. I want my brother back and I want his funny sarcastic sms manner back with him !!

11:11
Dear all,
we have just started moving towards the Syrian boarder.. we just got news the other roads have just been hit and we are sticking to our planned route through almasnaa boarder point, we have picked up more women and children our total now is 16 people, in a large bus. I will keep u posted.

12:25

The problem is from the lebanese side, they only have 3 employees for 1000s of people. It looks like we gona be here a long time.

12:48
The bombing raids just started. They hit shtoora 15min from here. Now the main rd behind us is cut off from the raids at shtoora. Ppl will have to find other ways if there is to this boarder. There are thousands of ppl on the boarder its getting very hot and some are loosing their cool. We finished our passports fast but the road is blocked with cars.

13:10
We reached the boarder; there is a line of cars we saw Kuwaiti families waiting under the shade of shops.

13:53
Dear all, we r on the Syrian boarder, Kuw embassy staff r handeling us now.

15:03
More raids on the road we were on a while ago on the lebanese side. One of the cars behind us came with shattered glass. 12 people are dead and many injured. Only 3 Km away from the boarder. They just informed us that they are also threatening to bomb the road to damascus on the Syrian side. We r on that road and we have 20 min till we reach the road to Jordan.

15:25
We just took the exit to the road to jordan.

16:58
Just heard that enemy planes are bombing the border point with syria in almasna.. The same check point we were in 1hr ago. 4 are dead. We r still on the syrian side of the border finishing our passports.

17:13
We just heard there was 4 strikes on the leb - syrian border on THE SYRIAN side, we r approaching the jordan side of the border.

18:16
Dear all, finally we have entered Jordan, all is well and safe, we pray for those in Lebanon a safe and peaceful exit from this war.

UPDATE:

My Big Bro is currently safe in Jordan and will be flying home tomorrow inshalah !!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inshallah everything will be ok regarding your brother!

Anonymous said...

Inshallah he'll be back safely before you know it. Keep us updated with his smses :)

Anonymous said...

Mashallah he's helping people as well! Allah ya36ee al-3afya!

Anonymous said...

allah y7af'9a oo yridah bilsalama

Anonymous said...

Allah yerida bil salama...I'm waiting for my parents and I know how you feel habeebti...inshallah he'll arrive in kuwait safely soon..

Anonymous said...

:`(


allah erid alkil bl salama inshalah

omg!!! i really cantbelieve this is happening!! :(

7bebty ed3i o kilina ga3d nad3i allah al7afi`6 inshalah :*

thanks for the update i think everyone have someone over there were all worried bout all the ppl inshalah ,,,, allah ya7f`6hum

Anonymous said...

I read after you posted the update...I was holding my breath throughout the post, and only exhaled after reading your "update" section...

DiiGMaa it sounds like things are clearing up, inshahallah yrida bilsalama...

Anonymous said...

6amneenna 7ubbie

yreddoun lina bil salama inshallah

Anonymous said...

Plz 6amneenna 7ubeez ;*

Allah yerida bil salama inshallah.

Anonymous said...

7amdila 3ala salamta

Anonymous said...

il7amdilla 3ala salamta 7abeebti

Anonymous said...

Inshallah yereeed likom bil salmah... I know its difficult, bas try to b optimisitc... Inshallah ur bro return home safely... Just pray for him... We r all praying for him and all of those in lebanon...

We r here for u!!

Our hearts r with u!

Take Care...

Anonymous said...

7medallah 3ala salamata oo inshallah yereeedlikom bilsalamah!

Anonymous said...

so cute :) im gladhe's ok il7amdilah.. im still in dubai, it is safe here as well for now ;p

Anonymous said...

yosal bel salama inshala o glad the worrying is over :*

dr.lost: damn :( why can't hezballah send a few missiles ur way? :P

Anonymous said...

7amdilla 3ala salaamat okhooch ya DiiGMaa, I was going through the same thing with my father and grandmother, but my uncle, his wife, and some other family members are still there. Its very difficult to figure out what to do. My father has reached Jordan last night, and so it has been a hectic couple of days. Alah ya7futh okhooch o khaleelkum ba3ath!

DiiGMaa said...

Stallion:
Thanx u ;) and yeah he's an aquarius.. a natural born Humanitarian..

Tooomz:
inshalah.. thanx 7abebty ;)

Extinct-Dodo:
allah esalmich 7abebty.. thanx so much..

MissCismo:
allah esalmich o 7imdillah 3alla salamaat ahalich 7aboba :)

No3ik:
ur welcome.. o ameeeen inshallah all will be back soon and allah e7afi'6 ilkil..

Caffy:
I kept posting up to the minute even after u commented darling.. so the Red Update keeps shifting down to the latest timing.. but il7amdilla all is better that he is safe now and I felt like I was holding my breath all day..

Papiyonty & Nunuty:
Thanx for asking galz.. he's on his way home.. o allah erid lina kil a7babna bilsalama ;**

Miyooshy:
allah esalmich 7ayati.. thnx

Bella:
Thanx so much sweets.. so kind of you.. allah esalmich o ameen inshallah il kil is safe and able to exit or go home..

Dr.Lost:
Thanx 7ayooty :) Glad ur safe, and teridlina bilsalama too inshalah tara ma nistaqna 3anik ;P
7edy atma9la7 sa7 ? :P

Tinks:
allah esalmich baby.. me was too over worried ;/
o ya bit !! be nice to Dr.Lost... this is an anti war zone.. no violence.. (besides don't u know playing with his psyche is more tortureous ;P)

MZzee:
allah esalmik, mashkoor..
So sorry you had to worry as well.. I hope your family are all well and safely return soon.. inshallah allah e7afi'6 iljamee3 o eridoon bilsalamah..

Anonymous said...

Thank God your bog bro is safe and sound.

So sad what's going on in Lebanon.I've been praying.

Anonymous said...

il7amdilla 3ala salamta 7abeebti!!!

Phew! We should both go out and celebrate!!..:)

Anonymous said...

ashwaaaaaaah!!! il7imdelah 3ala salamtaa:S!! inshala a safe ride home ya raab!

DiiGMaa said...

Chai-7aleeb:
Welcome to my little space :)
it is sad.. and lets all keep praying :(

MissCosmo:
allah esalmich darling... and likewise to u... and YESHH we should celebrate.. maybe when the issue cools inshalah :)

Minnie:
Welcome welcome ;)
allah esalmich 7abooba.. thanx :)

Anonymous said...

Digmoo has your bro come home yet? Inshalla he has! o inshalla things end soon in Lebanon! How are you doing?

Anonymous said...

Alhamdullah for the safety of your brother. You reminded me of the 9/11 incedent I was taking my last semester in USA. You were in LA and Vegas ...I was closer to the disaster ...Virginia :)

DiiGMaa said...

MZzee:

Bro is back and in one piece.. he actually has a few bruises but no wounds of war.. (il7imdila)
thanx for asking.. how are ur family ?? inshalah eridoon bilsalama





GQ:

Welcome to my blog Ghazi..
allah esalmik :)
times of war always bring back memories of 9/11 and Aug 2.. and so on..
(allah la e3eed min ayaam)
but...
if u read correctly I was on SPRING BREAK in LA & Vegas during the start of the attack on Iraq in 2003 !!!

as for 9/11 I too was in school in the East Coast.. and technically if we're calculating distance I was much closer to ground Zero than yourself.. allah wa7fith iljamee3 from such events.. glad ur ok, glad I'm ok..

ok I got a little excited..

huufft ppl.. I'm hyper..

I added sugar to my afternoon tea rather than sweetner..
I think it's time for a new post..
I think it's time I end this comment..
I should stop thinking..
and start doing..
ok I'm stopping..
now..
ok..
..
.





.



.

Anonymous said...

Bel saalaamaah enshalah ako al7en ohwa we9al cause ana eshway qadeeem 3al salfah :)

9ej mawqef bayekh... e7na al7en nafs el shy ga3ed e9erlena.
Weld 3my ra7 7g obo omah emsawy surgery ehnak on monday o el arbe3a 9arat el 7rb!! el mskeeen bel gha9eb ra7 suyria bs lal7en mo 3aref ered

Anonymous said...

I know I'm very late but il7amdilla 3ala salamta, Diigma.

Sorry you had to go through that.. I know what it's like to worry about loved ones.

God bless Lebanon.

Anonymous said...

Wow, tense stuff! I'm glad he made it safe o yerja3 bel salama :)

PS. MTC must've made millions off this whole thing, you think they had something to do with it? :P

Anonymous said...

7amdilla family ok! grandmother, father, and other family members are ok. But I do know some people who are there I remain in contact with! 7amdilla 3ala salaamat okhooch!!!

Anonymous said...

aKo= akeed

badleiaty wayed bs ana adry enty ekbera o tefhemenha 3al 6aier :P

Anonymous said...

diigmaa you're tagged.. come out and play

DiiGMaa said...

Zizowoo:
allah esalmik :)
o hem inta 7imdila 3ala salamtik..
allah e7afith ahalik weridhum bilsalama inshalah :)

Shurouq:
allah esalmich darling and allah e7afith Lebnan o ahalha inshalah :)

7tenth:
allah esalmik and yeah it was nerve racking !! MTC, Funny u say that ;P they've actually started a charity fund where u can sms and they deduct a KD to be donated to Lebanon..

Marzouq:
allah e7afith iljamee3 inshalah..

zizo:
badleyaat shay 6abee3i ib7ayati.. a9laan ana I have my own dictionary ;P

Extinct-dodo:
tag done boo :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Plastic surgery custom advertising materials Barcode reader asp vegas style baccarat online baccarat Face lift with thre