Friday, January 27, 2006



Highlight's of my Day :
1. Though quiet and some what bashful, I have managed to integrate myself in The Mans World !! Sorry to all u feminists, but in my everyday life it really is a Mans World. I can't remember the last time i exchanged Biz cards with a fellow lady, as a matter of fact I don't think I ever have.. Well, this morning truly and utterly I was the only Daughter of Eve in a room filled with 40 men from around the region ! Why is this a hi to me ?? Don't let ur mind run too far now ;P The reason it felt so good, was simply coz i managed to gather these men all in the same place at the same time for the same reason, flawlessly !! And considering that was an accomplishment on its own, it got even better when the day ended coz it was a great success !! Thank goodness !!! so I can't help thinking The Hand That Rocks The Cradle Is The Hand That Rules The World !!

2. Got my Baby back !!! It took me an hour to find the Dealership to return the car they gave me and collect mine.. but no complaints.. the instant I saw her waiting for me all polished and prettied up I was all smiles :) :) :)

3. Catching up over a late sushi lunch with my big bro.. it was long over due !!

Lows:

1. Heading home after picking up my car, a stupid geezzzeeerr kept tagging along behind me until he almost got me bloody killed !! I mean 2 inches away from death !! anyways I'm just venting !! I revved my baby and he ate my dust !! literally !!

2. After i lost the git.. I was cruising home and randomly put on this song: Daft Punk - Something about us- ... I love this song.. got a smooth beat.. but mostly a true sentimental value to it.. I used to listen to this song with my bro (god rest his soul) when we felt BLAAAAAA and just felt like cruising !
Miss him like crazy :(
Q

Which brings me to todays question ppl !!

Is it really a Taboo for a kuwaiti lady to visit the dead?
Is it really un-cultural and forbidden by Kuwait society for a woman to trot on graveyard premises ??
And seeming it's not forbidden, yet disliked & disapproved, by Islam why is it still seen as a big deal ???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In reply to your question, I don't think so. I know several kuwaiti females that go to the graveyard to visit their deceased. Allah yer7amhom.

As far as Islam goes, I'm not sure. All I know is that women are discouraged from being there at burial.

DiiGMaa said...

Tooomz, ur right.. but I guess it doesn't really make a difference coz I promised I'ld visit him and i will :)

thnx 4 the feedback though :)

Anonymous said...

hey, you go do what you want to do

its nobody elses business

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel.. you wanna go to keep a promise.. but the place is not what you think.. its really scary.. not because it looks horrific but the lack of it.. ya3nee you go in and your like.. huh? the person i love is under sand and grass and as if he never meant anything..

the mental ride brings out alot of emotion that i do not recommend you going thru.. simply a lot of pain.. trust me

DiiGMaa said...

Beyond Q8iya:
I don't know anymore... I think I need to get my emotions all out... I was too strong and composed when he passed and busy catering to my family’s needs that I really have not mourned yet... after seeing death in the palms of your hands there’s nothing left to see.. Besides galbi ma e6awe3ni he's there all alone...
thanx for being so thoughtful though.. so sweet :)