Saturday, July 01, 2006

DiiGMaa The VoTaa


After weeks and weeks of agonizing stress. it is safe to say that we can relax that the elections are over now.. lets enjoy the rest of the world cup :)
I have realizd that my post never portray my actual seriousness and enthusiasm regrding certain issues I write about... well I think it just my nature to look on the bright side of everything and my optimism seeks to show humor and joy rather than boring seriousness.. besides it's funnier to read and write light words.. so how was your Thursday boys and girls ??

I shan't go into too much detail.. but I'll give u a briefing on what was happening..

The Voters:
  • I'm proud to say there were plenty of voters and enthusiasts.
  • I'm sad that many of them were not serious about their votes and had not taken their options seriously.. while standing in the queue many women joked and talked about how they really didn't understand what who was representing and why they should vote for so and so...
The Police officers / security / and guards:
  • Mostly they where extremely helpful.
  • some where sick enough to take this day as an opportunity to throw passes at and flirt with Voters.
  • The Jerk: Though his fellow officers tried to straighten him out and noticed my discomfort.. he ignored and kept on with his shallowness until I couldn't take it anymore.. I had to tell him to "shut up" , "Move away from me" coz he was invading my space which was only a surrounding circle of a few inches.. I guess embarrassing him and elaborating on his low behavior in front of over 100 ppl is what it takes to make him back off..
  • A special sorry/thanx to the officer that just smiled and laughed at me when I ignored his repetitive instructions to go the other way as I entered a road wrong side, rolled down a window and made mum excuse my illegal behavior !!
The Candidates:
  • Jamal Al Omar, (ma3 i7teramy 7ag 3aylat Al Omar ilghalyeen) wayhaaaa 3areeth !! mako 7aya mako i7saas.. walked on smiling even when many ladies dissed him bluntly.
  • Dr Rulla, Kudos for mingling and being such a peoples person.
  • Twaijry, emmm all I can say is that many didn't even know who he was !!!
  • Nabeela, hmmm all I remember is the Cheerleaders.
The Cheerleaders:
  • The only way I noticed Nabeela's presence was buy the entourage of cheerleaders following her.. all you hear is "Nabeela" "Nabeela" "Nabeela" :P hehhhe it was funny
  • The Rulla girls got worked up.. then all you hear is "Rulla" "Rulla" "Rulla"
  • They were walking towards each other with their Cheerleaders cheering for them as they tagged along behind them. hehhehe so funny walla I felt like I was about t watch a cat fight ;P
  • Don't worry nothing happened :)
The Campaign Girls:
  • Basil Al Rashed Girls, Made sure to pass out refreshments to all, flowers, and assisted in the friendliest manner.
  • Al Fathalah Girls, ushered and Guided those that needed the help.
  • That's it.. to be honest I can't remember anyone else's efforts..
Voting:
  • Speechless...
All in all
It was an exhausting and amazing day !! After 3 showers and changing sessions, helping out in a few places.. being on our feet all day and then heading home late (22:30, I was past my curfew) we still stayed awake to watch results.. passed out at 4:30.. woke up somewhat hungry coz I had forgotten to eat.. didn't even get ice cream, though it was being distributed in the heat to cool ppl's systems.. It was toooooooo Hot though !! I suggest winter elections plzzzzzz :P oh yeah and when I returned to my car after I was done Voting.. my windshield was covered with flowers... so amazing..

I wanted to say great work all, and congrats to all us Ladies :)
And,
SHAME ON YOU ALL WHO DID NOT BOTHER VOTING, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN !! There will not be a difference until you make an effort to make it happen..

Oh and just a little picture of my Murphyism.. my insurance ended a few days ago.. so after voting I was heading on the Highway to help out in one of the schools.. I felt my car was swaying.. aha aha ppl I had 2 Banchers not 1 !!
Thank goodness I have the most amazing cousin in the world.. (my bro's are outta town).. I call and he instantly tells me to park and in exactly 4 minutes ppl.. 4 minutes he came to the rescue.. I wuuub him !! (hehehe 7aram last week I made him e7ader from chalet to fix my insurance papers to change my windshield). yeah and about insurance, I thought 2 days wouldn't matter I'm too busy to bother right now to renew it.. and I've never had an accident during the whole year.. not like anything is gonna happen just this ONE day my insurance ended..

emmmm yeah, no, not with my luck !! sh*t happens ppl !! don't worry she's fine.. just a minor bump.. thank God no scratches or dents.. just a wake up call that you should always listen to your Dadiyo :)

Speaking of Dadiyo
A Prayer Please:
Plz say a prayer for my Darling Father... he's not feeling well and is seeking treatment in Europe now.. I worry about him.. I'd appreciate it greatly...
Thanx :D

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur fantastic girl! Im happy you voted! I was proud of every girl that voted and that was running! There were so many that were polite and kind! I went with my mother to make sure was ok (eshwaya ta3baanah) and 7amdilla some of the girls were really helpful!

I went to a few different areas o the girls were doing a fantastic job! Better even then the men in the voting area! Its fantastic how organized these women are and how well they did things!

alah ya36y el 3aafya 7ag shabaab el dakhelya! I understand a few were rude, but many were good and hard working and took all the crap possible from the women which is a lot!

O i agree with you that I hated ina Jamal Al-Omar nija7 o he has the dirtiest mouth I have ever seen, and no ethics or manners! This is an election not a fist fight!

O never forget to get your insurance papers! 7amdilla you got a good cousin! O alah e7futhach it was only a bancher even though it was two tires!

Obooch ra7 ekoon ib do3a'ee! alah eshafee inshalla o ya36y el su7a! inshalla eridlich soon o ib kil su7a!

Anonymous said...

can't see anything.. kill ur post 6ali3 3indi as webdings, my server is screwed! :P

Anonymous said...

false alarm!
kaho0 6ala3 ;p

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing post. I think you summed up the vibe of the elections. I didn't know about your punctures :( Sij Allah e7fethech!

Hope your Dad feels better soon! :*

Sorry this comment's short bas luuunchtiiiime ;P

Anonymous said...

Ma yshof shar ilbaba inshAllah, o inshAllah radlikom bil salama 3ana qareeb
:***********************************

(stay safe)

Anonymous said...

inshallah ygoom your dad bilsalama.. ma yshoof shar


my sis was a nabeela cheerleader hahahha!!!

but im upset my man didnt win :( boohoo

Anonymous said...

LooooooooooooooL at Rula dashti and nabeeela... 3ajabny that part hehe

hamad el tewaijry 6ala3 el 4 o yab more than 3000 votes :)!! eshlon ma7ad e3arfa!

Jamal el omar wayha 3areth bs faz :P

Enshalah oboch e9er zain o enshalah mako ela el khair o egom bel sallamah o egez eb showare3 london o eyeblena bu6a6hom el ghaly ;)

Don't worry sweetie azma o et3ady enshalah o kha6akom el so2 3asol :)

Anonymous said...

Hope your dad gets better darling.

and be careful driving :)

Anonymous said...

Happy you voted, and salamat for your dad.

Anonymous said...

hmmm i can only c icons on ur post, had 2 copy paste it in word and change the font to arial.. thanx to no3ik for ur help about how 2 do all that ;pp

ok im glad ur ok, and ur car is ok, upset coz daddiyo is sick :( allah yashfee inshallah, will b in my prayers, w dont worry inshallah everything will be ok babe..

shame on us who didnt vote? :( im against il maskhara where ppl sell and buy votes, im sorry but i refuse 2 be part of such disgusting elections.. when they stop that crap ill vote..

Anonymous said...

looooooooooooooooooovely post :p
its about elections but i actually liked it ;)

im sure it was a special experiance, to all the women out there.
best part is the cheerleaders :p
heheheh ya7lailhum.

any ways ur coz 3ageeb i know i have a coz, same thing they call these guys (haab ree7) (shgardey)
mashalah 3laih.

aham shay in ur post 7bebty ur daddy :) dont worry inshalah ya rub allah egawma bl salama .. just keep praying for him 7bebty ok, and i will to inshalah . mayshof shar.

DiiGMaa said...

MZzee:
Thnx for the support, glad us ladies have lots you backing us uo.. hope ur mum is better and ya36eeha il3afya she made the effort to go out and vote.

hehehehe ur right about women giving crap to the dakhiliya guys.. and ya36eehom il3afya for being 9abooreen..

Jamaal got what he wanted.. but trust me his victory shan't last long.

I know I should never delay insurance papers :( sij 7imdila 3ala my Cousin and that I as alright..

Thanx for ur do3a'aa MZzee.. means a lot darling ;)


B:
hmm lots of ppl said the same.. anyways.. post a 3rd comment that has something to do with the actual material ya shagool :P


Tooomz:
Yeah 7imdillah it wasn't that bad.. and the elections were amazing.. lots of frustration, highs, heat and laughs.. Thanx for ur kind words for Dad.. and bil3afya.. what was for lunch ?;P


DR:
Thanx 7abooba ur so sweet.. and I'll try my best to stay safe..


Extinct-Dodo:
allah esalmich :)
all the cheerleaders were great heheh they al had high spirits.. I'm also upset my man didn't win eaither :( (5aleeha mastoora)


Zizowooo:
hehe ee the Rulla/Nabeela thing was sooooo funny..
Twaijry, seriously ppl were saying who's this.. I'm just saying what I saw ;P
Jamaal, faz bs without ethics.. he won' last.. and if he did.. he will only be further corrupting his image and our belved Q8 !!
allah esalmik.. awal ma my Baba gets better mo bs begiz ilshewari3 ila ma ra yibgaa bu6aa6 ma ra7 awa9y 3alaih :P la la 7araam kilha 3 asabee3 o ana 3inda.. o akil kil ilbu6aa6 o ma ayeeblik :P *kidding kidding*


Miyoooshy:
Thanx babe.. and I'll try my best to drive safe..


Don_Vito:
I'm happy I voted too.. and thanx for ur kind words. aallah esalmik :)


Dr.Lost:
I know my post was giving ppl trouble.. Sooowwwlly about that Dr. :)
thanx for ur concern.. me, my car and Dadiyo are all dong better.. ur sweet prayers will be greatly apreciated.. mashkoor :)
as for Voting... If everyone had that attitude then this country would be in worse condition.. don't get me wrong.. I see eye to eye with you.. and agree with ur opinion.. I'm just an optimist and an inthusiast.. so if everyone who thought that way which (include many ppl that actually made an effort to vote..) if everyone made the effort to make thier voice heard and voted rather than sitting back and waiting for the change to magically happen then this would become a speedier process :)
la tiz3al 7abeby.. but I'm determined to convert u ;P


No3ik:
Thanx 7ayati for helping out DrLost :)
hehhe glad u liked this post.. I try to derive from too serious topics.. like my posts to be refrehing or pleasant to read.. or thoughtful.. no dry stuff.. and yes the experience was great.. the cheerleaders were cuuute ;P
my cousin is "shegerdy" and I love that word hehehe amoot 3alaih my cousin il5ayis wayed yin7aab ;P
and ur so sweet for ur kind word about my Dad.. walla thanx ma'itga9reen 7abooba ;****

Anonymous said...

yeah i had trouble too :P bas thanx to dr.lost and i have to extend the thanx to no3ik since she's the genius not him (ban6ag ha? :p)

glad elections day was an "experience"

i miss 3amy o he's in my prayers :( tell him tinks etsalem 3alaik o walhana 3alaik maaaarrra o yala come back!

oh and about ur car: no comment! glad ur both ok though :*

Anonymous said...

I can't see :( But from the comments I gathered that your dad is sick (mayshoof shar inshalla) and young ppl working with candidates at the election polls? Anyway I'm sure it was as a fascinating experience as it was for me

Anonymous said...

diigma: keep tryin 2 convert me ;p lol walah ana agool, inshallah next time its only 5 dawa2ir, and then in that case u dont need 2 worry ill vote then for sure inshallah.. :) why is it so hard 2 put a baby 2 sleep.. jenna (my niece) has been cryin for like 20 minutes and i dunno what more 2 do with her! :(

tinker: yeah guess u shud expect a beating from me ;pp

Anonymous said...

Shino hatha?! You'r post 6al3li as webdings =/

Anonymous said...

dr.lost: i'm high on all my meds i don't know what i'm saying :p plz find it in ur heart to forgive poor little me :(

Anonymous said...

tinkerbell : Loooooooooooool what did i say about valium?!! ;p ok ok ok fine ill forgive u, after i kick ur a** ;p

Anonymous said...

so how things going these days! cant wait for the weekend.. need a break after kil hel loya! eshloon el ahal?

DiiGMaa said...

Tinks:
soowwwly I know my post has been giving ppl a hard time.. special thanx to No3ik and Dr.Lost for helping out ;***
Didiyo misses u 2 o bawa9il salamich (u d knw ur one of his fav outa my gal pals)


Chic Politika:
I'm glad u had a fascinating experience... apologies about the dificulty of seeing my post.. I really don't know whats up.. and thanx darling for ur concern about my father, shar ma yeech ;)


Dr.Lost:
I will I will.. trust me! I'll Make u :P I'll do whatever it takes ;P (do not quote me on that :P)
allah ekhalee Jenooya likum inshalah :) next time try rocking her softly while walking around quietly.. a lullaby helps too :)


Nunu:
emmm soowwwly 7abooba.. Madre shfee.. ask the rest what they did to get it back to normal..


Tinks & Dr.Lost:
when's the fight ?? :P can I be the bet keeper ?? ;p NeYaHahahahaaa
p.s. Tinks, I got ur Back boo ;**


MZzee:
things are going slow.. and it's so HOT out !! I need a break ! I wish everyday was a weekend, then I'd be able to do real work.. I need ice cream !! I keep saying I'll get some but I don't.. huufffttt PPL I NEED ICE CREAM !! hehee
and thanx for asking about my fmily.. all are good il7imdila :)

Anonymous said...

Digmityyyyy ba3ad 3umry baba wala sej a7eba (o akeed 1 of his fav mo ana ely nawart newbury? :P) lol wala i luv ur whole family alla ekhaleekom ly inshaaaala (ananeya no? :P) o inshala kelha cham youm o me u and dadiyo r having tea 2gether and hearing him say "yabooch" and making fun of us..as for the fight i appreciate the support darling u know i always have ur back tooo but we can hardly call this a fight now can we? dr.lost is going down with 1 blow ;)

Anonymous said...

Icecream sounds good right now!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you babe

Miss you

Anonymous said...

diigmooooooooooooooo new post babe.. and plz this time write it in english not symbols ;p

Anonymous said...

a lullaby with a manish voice won't work! Scary ;P

Anonymous said...

Most importantly, I hope things go well with your father.

I loved reading about your voting experience...You gOoO guuurrrlll! It seems as though you had a taste of the good and bad parts in the voting process, getting a really well-rounded perspective.

Your enthusiasm and optimism are quite catching : )

And maybe it's a good idea to send some cookies over to your cousin's house...

DiiGMaa said...

Tinks:
7ayati intay my whole family loves you too ;*** o allah ekhaleech linaa too !
inshalah soon we'll do tea with Baba..
as for knocking out Dr.Lost in one blow.. remind me to get the camera hehhee we're mean ;P

DiiGMaa said...

MZzee:
I still didn't get my ice cream !!

Paps:
I'm proud of u too !!
Miss u mostest !!

Dr.Lost:
new post has been posted and to please you I didn't even write !! mere ART !!

Nunu:
hmmm yeah that would be cary.. unless he can do a girly voice and sing along to that ;P

Caff:
Babe thanx for asking about me Papi.. he be good ! il7imdilla :)
I had a good experience voting all in all... the odd parts are memorable laughs :)
I'm glad u think my enthusiasm and optimism are catching.. we need more positive energy in Kuwait :)

as for my cousin hehehe
I got him 3 VIP tickets to F1 in bahrain.. free of charge (value of $15k) all thanx to one of my bestest sweetest friends.. so yeah.. he owns ME for life :P

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Patent auction Recover hard disk wd800 Oxnard ca disk recovery stationery set program recover data from formatted disks Paris hilton in a g-string disk recovery virus Pain relief medication pediatric hp data recovery Blood headache pressure Suzuki outboard props How find deleted files on computer davory data recovery v1.7 In car dvd gps Speed up any internet connection Moving companies island transport hire