Monday, January 30, 2006



Between my late nights at the office and the social pressure I’m getting from friends/family for being such a bore the past 2 days (I’M EXHAUSTED FA’CRYING OUT LOUD)… My time of tranquility is simply condensed into the somewhat surreal ride I take home… I put on my happy song and drift into a world of my own… with no regard or care for my fellow traffickers… what is my happy song you may ask?? Come on everyone has a happy song... but mine has been the same since forever!!! Sympathique by Pink Martini… I know! It’s French . . . so under the melancholy of the lyrics that we all relate to at a certain time of our lives... and the subtle hint of Jazz in her 1930-40’s cabaret voice... the beat, ironically, is quite uplifting!!! The song makes me feel like the lady in red standing under the Eiffel Tower in a black and white postcard with no motion or sign of existence except the subtle breeze tingling through my hair. (Told you I had an imagination, see how surreal my ride home is: P)
On a more realistic note, or not, I woke up this morning with a distinct recollection o a short but awkward dream I had... now awkward to me basically means having a normal dream!!! This time though, it wasn’t just normal, straight up, it had a twist of lemon, it was in complete French!

What was up with that??
Have you ever had a dream in French, Spanish, Greek or jibberish? No wait, the last one doesn’t count, you have to speak and understand it in ur dream...
I mean the last broken French I spoke was when ordering flowers for a friend in Paris a few months ago; which doesn’t even count coz the bloody florist kept replying in English, harshly insulting my weak attempt to practice a little. I miss the Haitian cab drivers though; they always gave me credit for effort:)

Anyways, back to the dream!!!
So after distracting myself with the usual daily routine preparing both physically and mentally, I then off’ed to work !!
Back in the car, after saying my travel prayer (hey with my reckless driving I never maneuver without saying a prayer), I decide to put a little music on. And the song was still playing… French French French... So I started thinking to myself... and this is the typical me coming out… what was that dream about?? It can’t be anything to do with the song... I’ve been listening to all sorts of music from around the world and never had such an encounter… and a "visual stimulus of Paris from above - on a certain someone’s blog - can't be the culprit responsible" !!

It has to be something latent. What is it that’s swiveling in the midst of the dark abyss I call my brain?? Is my “id” trying to tell me something?? Should I even be referring to Freud?? After all he is a male chauvinist pig that bases his understandings strictly on the noble women of the society (like I’m not :p). Claiming everything and anything is a reflection of our sexual disposition!!! (Personally I believe his findings are just a reflection of his own innate raging testosterone levels, horny Barsturd… I mean hello who believes erotic desires start at infancy, Child molester??) Ok I take it back, he is genius!! A little extravagant but hey he is the father of psychoanalysis! Right?? So what would I be saying if I were laying on Freud’s Couch? But, Ooooh, more importantly what analysis would Freud have for me?? Ok Lets not even go there... But, is this Romantic/ Freudian tactic too introspective of ones own self analysis?? Or should we regard our dreams as insight to our true desire... Clues to our active unconscious! So is Freuds notion that our every experience and move is part of nature? You know what that means right? That every dream, move, ridiculous idea, slip of the tongue (hence “Freudian slip”) has a latent meaning reflecting the lurkings of our cognition!!!

What have you been dreaming of lately?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting, last night i had a dream so intense it woke me up and i found myself asking 'was that a dream?' but for the life of me i can't remember what it was about, i wish i could

Anonymous said...

hellooo >>>

i was passing by other blogs and each link tooked me to another blog till am here :) ... intresting blog and good post ..

anyway ...i alwayes have bad dreams " including weird language " :) after a huge dinner ......maybe its the food ....my weirdo was about me flying over kuwait ...like superman ..!! ...and to be shocked i saw places from top for the 1st time that shocked me when i saw it on googel earth !! ..it was unbelivable match ...so ..i guess its weird

Anonymous said...

hahah Miss D !!

well i think you know that i have the weirdest dreams ever!
Yes, i also had those dreams where my whole conversation in it is in PERFECT French. You and I tried to practice our french but never got far enough ! Those were the days .. especially when we made our mutual friend say something in french and she refused *hint hint* , by the way interesting blog !

Anonymous said...

I don't really believe in dreams.. I think it's just our subconscious being totally random..

Yes, I do try to keep things I don't understand simple :)

DiiGMaa said...

Welcome to my blog Boyz and Galz :)

Homer : hmmmm maybe all u need is a little Hypno-therapy to refresh ur memory. interested ?

bo_sale7: If i eat a greasy or heavy meal or eat anything late as a matter of fact I always have nightmares tooooo !! don't worry it normal !!

peices of me: JE VOUS MONQUE !!!


not_w/o_my_heels: firstly love the name.. secondly come on !! u gotta believe some of ur dreams !! and I wish I could be like u and take life a little less intensly :P

Anonymous said...

hmmmm, maybe somethings are just not meant to be rememberd, still does it really work??

DiiGMaa said...

Yes it does work... But the only trick is some ppl are more pron to it than others.. meaning it's easier for those who fall into deep hypnosis to retrieve memories than others... I'm one :P and ur so so so right some things are just not meant to be remembered...

Anonymous said...

je n'ai pas compris ce que vous avez écrit ! ce qui est monque?

DiiGMaa said...

Peices of me: Mon dieu !!!!!!! mAnque mAnque mAnque mAnque mAnque !!! Typo !! I'm human not french :P Just take the Bloody complement :P

Anonymous said...

Whatever you say .. ! :P